At Tidemill Academy we believe in the power of art. Our projects are creative, complex, intricate, expansive, messy, exciting, and rewarding. We don’t believe in thinking small... and creativity requires space!
We also believe in the power of our community! Crowdfunding is a great way to raise funds as it uses the power of a group of people all coming together to put funds in to the same pot and encouraging others to do the same. We can also claim Gift Aid on eligible donations, boosting each one by 25%.
So … we are launching a crowdfunding appeal to raise £10,000 to develop a new “Creative Hub” with big desks, great lighting and plenty of storage for all our resources. We think we have found the perfect place. This involves transforming our old ICT suite into a new creative space which can be used for our Art, DT and Music lessons, as well as our after school clubs. To do this, we will need to replace the flooring, install a sink, build storage cupboards and buy new equipment.
No more time wasted covering up classroom desks, chairs and carpets before we can get started – or packing up 10 minutes early so we can clean up and turn the space back into a classroom. Instead we will have a dedicated space where we have everything we need – whether we are painting, making puppets, creating props, doing animation or making films. Creativity needs spontaneity and thinking time – not a list of chores that take up half the lesson!
Times may be tough and school budgets cut to the bone, but we still want Tidemill pupils to have the very best opportunities and the very best facilities. Why do our pupils deserve the very best?
· Our pupils are amazing - we need to invest in them so they can dream big and discover creative talents which will equip them for success in the 21st Century
· We are located in a deprived area of London, with high crime figures and increasing gang issues – our pupils need to find positive and creative ways to express themselves so they are able to make a strong contribution to their community
· We are a culturally diverse community who speak 40 different languages – our pupils have a wealth of different life experiences to share with the world
· Over 20% of our pupils have special educational needs (national average of 12.2%) – they have unique talents and different ways of looking at the world that are invaluable
· Our school should reflect the creativity that is all around us - Deptford is fast establishing itself as one of the most thriving artistic communities in London
Please help us to turn our dream into a reality. In a world dominated by depressing news stories, finding time to be creative is just as important as learning to solve maths problems!
Please help us to make this possible by donating as much as you can afford. The larger the group or ‘crowd’ formed, the more money we raise so key to this crowdfunding appeal is also getting the message out there via all our networks. Please pass on the appeal details to your own social media network, family, friends and your other contacts to help spread our message. Every single donation helps.
To donate, please click on the DONATE button.
Thank you for your support!